Sunday, February 7, 2016

Influence and Vital Behaviors in a 1:1 iPad Environment

Over the last few weeks, I have been learning about vital behaviors and leadership influences for my graduate course. Based upon the work from the book entitled, Influencer, I have learned that in order for changes to occur, the heart has to change. But even motivating change at a "heart" level isn't enough. After identifying desired changes, specific vital behaviors need to be clarified. BUT even after that, changes that are measurable, using Influencer's six sources of influence are key in effective change. This type of organizational change is not a quick-fix, and I appreciate that! Being able to identify these sources of change is very foundational, which can provide a platform for true growth in education.

Based upon these learnings, I propose below a desired result I believe is needed for continued development of a 1:1 iPad initiative.
Included are vital behaviors to achieve this goal and 6 sources of influence that look at motivation and ability at the personal, social, and structural level. 




1 comment:

  1. Great ideas here. I am doing the same type of project in my studies as well. I was having a hard time finding the right focus, but you have laid it out simply. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete