Monday, June 4, 2012

2 and 1 and Summer!

Yup. It happened. Summer!

I can't believe my 1st year is totally over! 

Did you learn anything? You betcha. I'll have to recap this over the next few weeks (cause boy, did I learn some things!)

I'm gonna miss my kiddos, but especially my seniors (ya know, I won't get to see them for a LONG time!---they better invite me to their weddings! haha)


I helped out at graduation this year. You know as a teacher you make an impact on students' lives everyday, but when you see them move their tassel to the other side of their head--you see the growth of what you have planted.

These guys are amazing and I couldn't ask for a better group of students to be my seniors during this 1st year of teaching. LOVE you guys mucho!

So now, it's time to relax, sleep in, and do things that fill me up. Can't wait to share this summer time with you readers! :) Get ready for recipes, DIY projects, beauty tips, and reflections on this past year :)


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yay!! i've got some professional development this week, but fun stuff--lots of technology classes/ideas to use in the classroom. I'll share what I find here :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first year! I remember mine like it was yesterday, lol. That first one is the most important one because it sets the tone for the years that come after. Looking forward to hearing about what you learned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I've got a lot of planning to do this summer to make things SO much better for next year! Enjoy your summer endeavors!

      Delete
  3. I'm a new reader and I just adore your blog. I'm reading through some of your old posts and wanted to let you know that you're the kind of teacher I wish I'd had in high school. You passion for teaching and love for your students is so evident! It's so encouraging to see teachers with your passion. I know you're making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Samantha! I'm glad you're checking out old posts :) Thanks for the encouragement. My 1st year of teaching was exhausting, and I really thought I couldn't make it! But I did, and I'm glad I get to be there again to teach more kiddos about biology :)

      Delete