Friday, March 25, 2016

A Significant Learning Plan using UbD

I have spent some time studying Understanding by Design (UbD) as a means of developing courses and units that consider backwards planning. I appreciate it's thoroughness to incorporate established goals, evidence that goals have been met, and a learning plan. It is very analogous to the requirements of MYP unit planning and compliments what I should be doing in my own IB MYP units.

When you consider what goals you have for your students in a course or unit and plan backwards, it ensures that you fully equip your students to meet those goals. Considering Fink's guide and UbD, a course or unit can be rich in understanding and empower students to own their learning. Below is my UbD plan for my 7th grade unit called "Healthy Blacksmiths." 

No comments:

Post a Comment